Are you just as tired of plain old Dinner and a Movie date nights as I am? There’s only so many restaurants you can go to and movies you can see before it gets old. Let’s avoid that by beefing up your date night activity arsenal.
I don’t know about you but I love when we have something different to look forward to. It makes me feel like we’re in the new phase again if you know what I mean. It seems the longer you’re together the more basic your dates become – if you’re having them at all. You want to change it up and so did I! And in light of that, I put together this comprehensive list of unique date night ideas that’ll never get old. It’s massive so in light of your time, I will only go into detail on the ones I believe aren’t so straight forward or where there may be a more frugal alternative.
You can pull this list out when you realize you have some unplanned alone time and you want to make use of it or you can use this list to get your own creative juices flowing. Either way, you’ll find an activity for every price point here. So, let’s get into it.
You can access the entire list of unique and unmatched date ideas by signing up below.
Unique Date Night Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please consider purchasing directly through these links as I may receive compensation at no additional cost to you. See Disclaimer for more information.
1. Rent your dream car and drive around (or out of town) for the day.
2. Attend a Cooking Class
3. Attend a Wine and Canvas
This can be extremely fun, I suggest really trying your best at the paintings and the hanging them up in your home somewhere where you’ll always be reminded of your experience.
Frugal Alternative: Head to Hobby Lobby and pick up a few canvases and acrylic paint then head to your local grocery and grab a nice bottle of wine and create the same type of scene at home for a fraction of the cost.
4. Do a mystery shopping trip for each other
This works by setting a strict budget and shopping criteria. You can mystery shop for an outfit or a gag gift. You can even mystery shop for a book or movie. The options are endless. Once done shopping, come together and share what you bought each other and why.
5. Go house window shopping
We can NOT be the only ones who do this. I will spend hours on Zillow searching for “dream homes” and sometimes we will use the neighborhoods in my search as guidance to drive around and see those homes in person.
6. Recreate your favorite cooking show (Chopped is a good one!)
7. Explore a near by town
Is there a town near you that you’ve always wondered about but never been to? Or you’ve been to but you haven’t seen much of it?
8. Go Wedding Cake tasting
Okay lol YES. This one is a straddling the lines of personal ethics BUT it could be fun? Nonetheless, if you are newly engaged, why not make Wedding Cake tasting into a real date?
9. Go indoor sky diving
10. Get matching tattoos (or pick out tattoos for each other)
11. Have a Picnic (at your favorite park, in your backyard, etc.)
12. Start a house project or reorganize a room (be sure to finish it though)
Frugal Alternative: Instead of going out to buy new pieces, walk through your home and shop decorative pieces throughout first. Try and re-purpose your things and give them a new environment.
13. Get piercings together (or pick out piercing for each other)
14. Go mini golfing
15. Do a murder mystery dinner
They don’t have this in my city (I don’t think) but I have seen these around the country. Do a quick search to see if one is available near you!
16. Go dancing (I challenge you to dance on a bar!)
17. Go to the nearest zoo
18. Go to an amusement park (ride and play EVERYTHING once!)
19. Use Pinterest to find fun science experiments and do them together
20. Spend time doing the other’s passion (or learning the other’s hobby)
21. Act like bartenders and create your own cocktail and judge for the best one
22. Take the next flight to where ever and explore (this is more of a weekender, “I have plenty of financial cushion”, kind of thing)
Do you remember the movie Yes Man? Has Jim Carrey in it? Yeah well that’s where this idea comes from. If you have it like that, GO FOR IT. So spontaneous!
23. Build a dream home vision board together
24. Do a fast food tour and eat in your car while watching the sky/listening to music
Frugal Tip: Download the Fast Food Restaurants App and check for coupons first!
25. Recreate Baking Wars
26. Stay at the best hotel in the city for the night (try a weekday to save money!)
27. Rent bikes and go on a bike ride
28. Do a food truck dinner and people watch
29. Build a mini garden together in your back/front yard
If you don’t have a big enough (or any yard at all), just plant several flower gardens using flower pots. You can also plant your own herb garden using mini flower pots.
30. Visit your local Ice-Cream shop
31. Bake and Decorate Cupcakes/Cakes together (from scratch)
Kind of like No. 25 but without the competition.
32. Go out and buy the most classic board game and play it together
33. Ask your kids to cook dinner for you
34. Take a free introductory class together (boxing, yoga, Zumba, etc.)
Establishments usually offer a free introductory class. You are likely to find this kind of information on their website or by calling in ahead.