This post may contain affiliate links. Please consider purchasing directly through these links as I may receive compensation at no additional cost to you. See Disclaimer for more information.
Summers can be a great time to explore the same things you learn inside the classroom (or daycare center). Playing outside can be a great opportunity for the whole family to bond. Furthermore, I believe it is very important to have a wide range of fun summer activities for toddlers within any budget.
Does not having an exact plan for your Summer days stress you out as much as it does me? I get so bored with doing unoriginal things with my toddler! Not to mention not having a wide array of options….I’m either spending too much or I’m planning something she’s done a million times before!
Below you’ll find 25 fun activities you can be sure your toddler will enjoy this Summer. As you’ll see, the list is broken into 3 sections: free (or nearly free), $25.00 and under, and $25.00 and over. Of course, the prices of these activities depend on the location you are in so please keep that in mind when picking.
Fun Activities for Toddlers for cheap (or FREE)
- Nature Exploration
- Chalk Stories – recreate your favorite stories into chalk artwork
- Bubble Machine – there is a small upfront price here but this activity can be used in any season. Birthday Parties, Sleepovers, Summer activities, you name it!
- Splash Pad – a simple search of “Splash Pads near me” into google will pull up options closest to you
- Play in an outdoor pool (make it extra fun by adding bubble bath solution)
- Bicycle riding
- Water Balloon Fights (make it extra fun with washable color dyed water and white clothes)
- Face-Painting using face painting crayons
- Go to a Fire Station.
- Balloon Explosion in the yard – blow up balloons and jump, kick, and pass them around. When you’re done try and pop them! Pro Tip: practice colors while throwing them around
Fun Activities for Toddlers under $25.00
- Open gym gymnastics
- Ice Cream Shops
- Go to the State Fair (or county fair)
- Go to a local water park
- Visit a festival
- Plant a Garden – take your toddler to Walmart and let them pick out their favorite flowers for a more personal experience
- Sky Zone
- Chuck E Cheese
- Let your toddler pick out a movie to watch at the Movie Theater – pro tip: go early in the morning for toddler movies
- Pottery Painting
- Children’s Museum
Fun Activities for Toddlers over $25.00
- Visit the Zoo – Pro Tip: explore the different kinds of animals they might see before you go and have them point each animal out at the Zoo by name and sound.
- Organize a friendship cookout – invite the kids from the neighborhood or daycare and have a variety of activities like what’s on this list. Grill hot dogs and burgers, have chips and enjoy the summer weather.
- Take your toddler to an amusement park
- Go to a Mini-Golf Course
Our 2020 Summer Bucket List
- We’re going to go to the best park in our neighborhood every week
- We’ll go to an Aquatic park twice a month
- We’ll go to ice-cream shops like once a week (we’re an ice-cream loving family)
- We plan to visit the Zoo for the first time this summer!
- We’re going to plant some flowers in flower pots